Monday, November 13, 2006

steady

So I bought the new Hold Steady album this weekend and I can't seem to get it out of my head. I've heard it compared to a lot of things, including Bruce Springsteen. It's a strange phenomenon; I don't like Bruce Springsteen but I love the Hold Steady. My friends love Bruce Springsteen but don't like the Hold Steady. A while back I said I love my friends. That's the absolute truth, but in this case I think they're idiots. And they're never going to read this, so fuck 'em.
You can click below and decide for yourself concerning the Hold Steady. I'm assuming all my readers already have an opinion about The Boss, so we'll skip that link.

http://www.spinner.com/2006/10/17/video-premiere-the-hold-steady-chips-ahoy?ncid=AOLMUS00050000000039

Oh, the rhino... I've never taken a picture of the Hold Steady or Bruce, so I thought the rhino was a nice, neutral face.
Rock on, rhino.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rookery said...

Now wait just a minute. I said I had mixed feelings about the Hold Steady.

For example, I love the lyric, "when we hit the twin cities i didn't know that much about it. i knew mary tyler moore and i knew profane existence"

But count me with the idiots, because now that I've seen this video I think they're terrible.

11/14/2006 4:34 PM  
Blogger Charlie Varley said...

Hey, I can respond to these comments. Neato.

I still laugh every time I read this one...

11/15/2006 5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home