Thursday, January 15, 2009

52



You know in the movie Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner says, "It's not heaven, it's Iowa"? I truly hope at some point he actually took a step back and thought about that line; it's not something to be taken lightly. Nothing in the world makes me feel more at home and more comfortable than this stretch of highway connecting Minnesota to my roots. Pretty sure I've posted pictures and talked about it before, but in my mind it just never gets old.
This was Christmas morning. The kid was in Texas and I had just dropped off my Tiger at the airport for her long flight to Louisiana. Driving south into the emerging light I was completely alone in every sense of the word, but could not have felt any more loved at the same time. Aww....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know the stretch, know the man, love them both.

Happy Birthday Charles.

1/21/2009 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home