Friday, August 17, 2007

computer

I've been fighting with my damn cable company for the last week in a futile attempt to get the internet hooked up at my house. I've been less than successful so I have to do my computer work here at the coffee shop every day. I drink their mild cafe blend and sit in the corner with my headphones on, usually blocking out everything possible with some sort of angry music.

You know, humans are freaks. I can't help but notice the people around me right now and they're all fucking strange. There's a table of women to my left... I can't hear them, but I notice every mouth is moving at once. There's absolutely no listening going on, just pancake makeup and mouths moving. It's sort of a fascinating and terrifying thing.
My friend told me returning to suburban life is hard after being away for awhile. He says sociologists call it re-acclimation. All I know is I wish I had a grenade.
And I really wish the internet worked at my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home