Friday, March 20, 2009

mpls

Spring break is a beautiful thing. Stepped out of my favorite Minneapolis apartment this morning into fresh dusty snow and walked to the corner coffee shop. 29 degrees feels just right.
I don't know if this city beams out some sort of weird code to people's computers, but I swear the shuffle mode on this thing is tossing out Minneapolis bands left and right. Seriously, over the last half hour my itunes has offered up The Magnolias, The Replacements, and The Gear Daddies playing a Prince song, which is a magical thing in itself. That's freaking weird. And beautiful. I love this city.
The picture is plenty old, maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I love the contrast between the buildings and his teeth... stalagmites and stalactites.
The sun is starting to light up the stained glass windows now.
Happy Vernal Equinox.
Oh come on, honestly... here comes Soul Asylum right on cue...
"Fifteen years later caught in time's incinerator
Yesterday's worries are today's
But the good times are so near just sitting back and drinking beer
You know I'm halfway down the road but I know that I still ain't there."

Wish I could bottle this moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home