Friday, December 01, 2006

chelly


Pro sports are cool. I mean, I don't live for them but I do love the spectacle. Tonight we watched the Detroit Red Wings dominate the Minnesota Wild. I hate to see my team lose, but you know, that happens. The highlight of it all was watching Chris Chelios on the ice. When I was a kid in Iowa I loved hockey. There wasn't a shitload of hockey in Iowa in the 80's if you can believe that, but sometimes on our big wood encased tv I'd watch Chelios play for the Wisconsin Badgers. It was a gritty picture and a gritty game. Tonight I sat in the balcony with my kid, watching guys who are closer to his 9 years than they are to my 37. And there he was, Chris Chelios. Motherfucker is still out there. I love that for so many reasons, but above all, I love it for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek9m9n8uiw0

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home