Tuesday, August 21, 2007

spot




Hey, I forgot about this. Back in December, long before I had the idea of going to New Orleans this summer, I posted this picture of my sister and I sitting on these steps with our feet in the Mississippi during a spring trip to that city in 2005. I was recalling our journey and contemplating what happened to this spot post hurricane. I happily returned to find it fully intact and equally beautiful. I did my best to recreate the pose but you will notice one very important difference in the pictures... In the recent version my feet are clearly visible above the water. This is because as I walked down the steps I noticed a large log floating in the muddy water. It was odd looking as I watched it drift toward me. Then to my surprise it turned left and swam out into the channel. The log was actually a very, very big gator swimming parallel to the shore looking for what I assume would be tourist feet dangling in the water. That city is full of all kinds of fun surprises.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, nice, this won't scare Barb at all......

8/21/2007 2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home