Tuesday, December 05, 2006

n.o.

I haven't taken a picture for a while, so I went back in the archives. This is my "eye of heaven" sister and me dipping our feet in the Mississippi. We grew up on this river, traveled north together to see the headwaters and south to see the mouth. South to see the mouth... that's a good album title. Anyway, this is April in New Orleans, just a few months before the shit hit the fan and this spot was washed away forever. Shortly after this we ate deep fried gator and shared a bottle of something called Cactus Juice in a reggea bar with two gay, bald ex-barge workers who got tired of that river one day and stepped ashore to become bartenders. I guess that's why they call this the land of opportunity. I sure wonder what happened to those guys.
Hope they're ok.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Up-Chuck. R, Shari and I are enjoying your blog at a road-side motel in Tennessee on Christmas Eve. Get some new pis up, eh!

12/24/2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home