Tuesday, July 31, 2007

ralph


Yesterday I was feeling a little blue about home; I'm getting really ready to be there. About mid day a care package came in the mail, filled with treats of all sorts and little remnants of my home. My boss is a good man and somehow knew I needed a little pick me up, as did many of my other friends who called and emailed throughout the course of the day. Strange how that works. Anyway, I went through the package with my new friends, eating treats and divvying up the goods. It was a fabulous impromptu party for all.
The guy in this picture is my pal Ralph. He lives down the street by the levee, in a truck with no wheels. He loves to dance and always has lots of words of wisdom for anyone who will listen, and just as many for those who won't. Since he lives on the street he has a couple lockers here at our center so his things don't get stolen. His keys are an important part of his life, so he needs to keep them secure. Look closely at the new lanyard around Ralph's neck...
Thanks everybody, especially Mike; you made our day down here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home